I'm currently developing an LTI integration and I have several questions:
- When creating an LTI developer app there's a small text input at the bottom that says "Custom parameters." My understanding is that Schoology will forward those parameters when an LTI launch happens, and that's exactly what happens. Additionaly, the LTI standard defines many special values that Schoology should be replacing on a launch. They are documented in https://www.imsglobal.org/specs/ltiv1p1p1/implementation-guide#toc-16 . But it doesn't seem Schoology does this substitution. Is this not implemented by Schoology?
- But more specifically regarding the first point, when an LTI launch happens, we can get access to the section ID. This comes in the "context_id" request parameter. However, my app needs to also access the course ID. One way to do that is by using Schoology's API, reading the section by ID, and getting the course ID. But, I'd like to avoid using the API so the integration ends up being simpler. In Canvas they include custom substitution variables ( https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/file.tools_variable_substitutions.html ) so one can access, for instance, the course ID without using the API. Is this supported by Schoology?
- Also related to the above questions: is there a list of supported custom parameters that we can use when creating an LTI app?
- When creating a Schoology assignment through LTI deep linking I was able to set the assignment name and points, but couldn't find a way to set the due date. Is there a way to do this?
- Is there a way to get the assignment's points and due date on an LTI launch? This information isn't even exposed in Schoology's API (these items end up being "documents" in the API, not "assignments", and this information isn't available for documents)
Sorry I have so many questions! I used the direct support channel but I didn't receive an answer, so maybe someone in the community knows some answers to the questions above.