New to Schoology and 1 to 1 with iPad school district.
What we are looking to do:
- Teacher creates an assignment and distributes a PDF.
- Student annotates PDF and submits.
- Teacher can view student's annotations and can grade/comment/annotated on the submission.
What we have tried/Problems we have run into:
- We used Schoology Assignment with an attached PDF AND...When the student uses iPad Markup to annotate and then submit, Schoology's Assignment PDF viewer cannot "see" the annotations--the Markup PDF is not "flattened" so Schoology can't see it.
- We used Schoology Assignment with an attached PDF AND...When the student uses Notability to markup the PDF, Schoology Assignment PDF viewer CAN "see" the annotations--however this involves many extra steps for children and an expensive extra app.
- We used the new Google Assignment feature and assigned a Google Jamboard, BUT...discovered the new Google Assignment feature doesn't work with linked sections and most of our teachers have linked sections and the new Google Assignment feature is still glitchy.
- We used the new Google Assignment feature and assigned a PDF from Google Drive, but this involved many extra steps to annotate and the teacher can't write on the submission...only highlight and comment.
- We used an Assessment with the Highlight question, but can't see the responses to the question for some reason.
The best solution to my mind would be for Schoology Assignment PDF viewer to upgrade to be able to see unflattened PDFs fully and/or for Schoology Assignment to allow students to use the annotation tools like the teachers do.
Anyone know of a workaround we aren't thinking of?