I just received the ability to create assessments with the better assessment maker marked with a blue puzzle piece. I love a lot about it, but there are 5 things that were available with the original assessment maker and not with this one. I would love to see these features added to make the functionality better.
1. If the students are taking the assessment inside of a folder with another assessment or assignment after it, they can no longer use the PREV or NEXT buttons at the top. They have to leave the assessment and go back to the folder and click on the next item to move on. This becomes tedious when they are just trying to work through a folder in order, especially a student completion folder.
2. When building the assessment, teachers cannot use the PREV or NEXT buttons to move to through a folder. In addition to that, the location address that shows what folder you are in like: MATH 8: Section 7-1,2 -> Assessments -> Tests is missing the last part of it so you can't even click on the address link to go back to the folder you created the assessment in. In the above example, I was in the Object Transformations assessment which was located in the Test 6.2 folder; the assessment address should look like this: MATH 8: Section 7-1,2 -> Assessments -> Tests -> Test 6.2 -> Object Transformations
3. It would be helpful to see is the ability to view the completed assessment results by question. You could in the original version, however, now you can only view the assessment by individual student submissions. This makes score subjective questions consistently more challenging.
4. It would be helpful if students could use the Math Keyboards (like Algebra) in the fill-in-the-blank questions. This would make scoring more efficient.
5. You can no longer post comments to the score of a problem. This prevents me from providing feedback at times when needed.
Thanks for your help with these items and your continual improvements to Schoology. It is a fantastic LMS.