I use the rubric tool a lot and like it quite a bit. Here are some features that would make it even better:
- Full screen editor - When I'm making the rubric, I want to be able to pop that tiny little box out full screen to really see what I'm doing.
- Some basic text formatting - I need to be able to bold items, make bulleted or numbered lists in each criteria description at the very minimum. I would love to be able to add color as well.
- The rubric needs to share the screen better with the document viewer. When I'm grading and click on the rubric to begin entering a score for say the introduction, the rubric hides a huge section of the student's paper that I'm viewing in the doc viewer. This is a similar frustration when using the record tool to leave verbal feedback. Both the rubric window and the record tool window layer on top of the student's work, and I can't see the student's document anymore. This forces me to take hand notes as I grade & then enter them on the rubric or use them as I narrate feedback. That is one extra step that is really slowing down my workflow. If the rubric window could be moved around the screen as I grade, that would solve the issue I think.
- Ability to save Rubrics to Resources. If this was possible, it would make it SO much easier to share a rubric, and we could all contribute rubrics to the public resources.
- Ability to average rubric indicators instead of adding them together. When standards-based grading on a 4,3,2,1 scale with 4 criteria, the rubric forces the assignment to be worth 16 points. I want to average the criteria so the end score is a 4,3,2,1.