There should be a way to graph student results. Specifically, I'm interested in the following:
- A histogram of student scores for a given assignment
- A histogram of student scores for a given quarter
- A line graph of a given student's progress over time
- A multiline graph of a given student's progress on multiple assignment types or grading categories (e.g., progress on homework vs. quizzes).
The use case here is that I want students to see the big picture of their progress. E.g.:
- If a class complains that a test was too hard, because none of them did well, you could end that conversation with a histogram of their grade distribution compared with a histogram of the grades on the same test from last year (A colleague of mine just described this situation this morning).
- If you're discussing an individual student's progress, either with the student or with the parents, a visual representation of the student's progress can be a huge help in making your point.