New Features & Updates
PowerSchool Special Programs Alerts and Student Documents
- We added the ability for system administrators and instructors to review student educational plans, accommodations, and documents from PowerSchool Special Programs all within Schoology Learning.
- This feature significantly reduces instructors’ time in switching between Schoology Learning and Special Programs to learn more about each student’s educational plan and helps to better determine which materials should be assigned to students based on those needs.
- Learn more: Viewing PowerSchool Special Programs Alerts and Student Documents in Schoology Learning
Elementary Experience: View Course As
- We added the ability for teachers to preview their elementary courses.
- Teachers can use the View Course As feature to see how the Elementary experience displays for students.
- Learn more: Introduction to the Elementary Experience - Instructors (Enterprise)
- We improved the overall performance of large auto-import jobs.
- Enhancements include a reduction in processing time and failed imports.
- Learn more: Auto-Import Users, Courses, Enrollments
Security Update from Google: File Sharing
- Google released a security update recently that makes sharing Google Drive files more secure. This update does not change how you use any of the apps for Google integrations available in Schoology Learning. Educators and students can continue to use Google-related apps to share files in Schoology Learning as normal.
- However, any files, folders, and shared drives that were shared prior to September 13, 2021 may be impacted by the security change. It is recommended those items be re-shared to users if they have not previously accessed them.
- Learn more: Google Security Update: File Sharing
- We fixed an issue with sharing PDF files from Resources to the Notability app that prevented files without the PDF extension in the title from being displayed.
- We fixed an issue with bulk creating calendar events in courses and groups that caused the event time to be staggered instead of recurring.