New Features & Updates
Elementary Experience – First Phase
- We released the first phase of the new Elementary experience.
- The new experience better serves the needs of K-5 grade levels with an emphasis on pre-readers.
- Enhancements include a brand-new Assignment experience that enables students to take a photo, record audio, and video in order to submit their work; simpler navigation; and a new course view that focuses on a more visual and engaging experience.
- Learn more:
PowerSchool Standards Score Passback
- We added the ability to provision standards from PowerSchool SIS into Schoology for organization using District Mastery. This enables teachers to pass back scores on standards aligned to an assignment from Schoology to PowerSchool SIS.
- These standards replace any previously imported objectives in the District Mastery library, allowing districts to utilize existing standards in the SIS and achieve a more streamlined experience for standards-based grading across the two platforms.
- Learn more:
PowerSchool SIS Plugin 21.4
- Organizations using PowerSchool 21.4 can now install the latest plugin for the PowerSchool SIS integration with Schoology.
- The latest plugin enables organizations to take advantage of our integrations with other PowerSchool products.
- Once the plugin is installed, you will no longer need to update the plugin for future versions. The latest plugin version will automatically be installed to your PowerSchool server.
- Learn more: PowerSchool Setup: Plugin Configuration
District Mastery Portability Improvements
- We made portability improvements for Schoology’s District Mastery solution.
- Aligned materials can be moved between Resources, Groups, and Courses without losing the alignments.
- Learn more: Standards-Based Gradebook - Instructors
- We added PowerSchool Assistant to the Schoology Help Center.
- PowerSchool Assistant is available for faculty, students, and parents. This new addition will help these users get accurate and informative answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Learn more: PowerSchool Assistant now available for Schoology
- We fixed an issue with imports and exports that caused a delay in completing the jobs. Imports and exports are now running as expected.
- We fixed an issue with annotations on assignments that prevented them from being displayed or saved.
- We fixed an issue with Safari that prevented embedded Google Drive videos from playing in course materials on mobile devices.