Schoology is now offering a new experience for elementary students. The new experience displays courses and content in a more simplified and visual format that is engaging and easy to use for young learners.
The Elementary experience offers the following features:
- Simpler navigation: Students see a simplified course layout.
- New course view: Focused on a more visual and engaging experience.
- Brand new Assignment experience: Students have the ability to draw, record, photograph, annotate, and more to submit their work. The first phase of the Elementary experience enables students to take a photo, record audio, and video to submit to the assignment.
- The Elementary experience is currently in limited availability. Reach out to your child's teacher with any questions.
- The Elementary experience is currently not supported on the Schoology mobile apps. Students and parents may use the mobile browser on their devices instead.
What is the Elementary experience exactly?
The Elementary experience offers a more simplified version of your child's course. Folders and materials are displayed as single cards on the page. Instead of the traditional course menu navigation on the left and Upcoming items on the right, your child will see the most important content all at once. Course materials have also been simplified to a full-page view.
Teachers can add Featured Images for each folder and material type to help your child navigate through the course and identify different tasks for them to complete.
Above: Course view in the Elementary experience. Folders and materials are displayed as cards for a more simplified view. Each item has a Featured Image displayed to the left.
Below: Assignment view in the Elementary experience. Materials are displayed in a simplified full-page view.
Viewing Your Child’s Activity in the Elementary Experience
Parents of children using the Elementary experience can use their Schoology account in the same way they normally do in Schoology. Learn more about parent accounts here.
To view the Elementary experience from your child’s account:
- Click the arrow in the upper-right corner of your account and select your child’s name to switch into their account.
If you have multiple children associated with your account, all will be displayed in this area. The checkmark in this drop-down menu indicates which account you are currently viewing.
- From the home page of your child’s account, click Courses in the header.
- Select the desired course to navigate to the course as your child views it.
Depending on the permission settings in place at your school, you may not be able to view content posted by other members of the course. Learn more about the student view in the Elementary experience here.
To return to your Schoology account, click the down-facing arrow next to your child's name and select your account. If you have linked accounts in Schoology, you will see the school associated with each account under your name.
Learn more about using your Parent account here: Parent Guide