Schoology is now offering a new experience for elementary students. The new experience displays courses and content in a more simplified and visual format that is engaging and easy to use for young learners.
The Elementary experience offers the following features:
- Simpler navigation: Students see a simplified course layout.
- New course view: Focused on a more visual and engaging experience.
- Brand new Assignment experience: Students have the ability to draw, record, photograph, annotate, and more to submit their work. The first phase of the Elementary experience enables students to take a photo, record audio, and video to submit to the assignment.
- The Elementary experience is currently in limited availability. Reach out to your teacher with any questions.
- The Elementary experience is currently not supported on the Schoology mobile apps. Students and parents may use the mobile browser on their devices instead.
What is the Elementary experience exactly?
The Elementary experience offers a more simplified version of your course. Folders and materials are displayed as single cards on the page. Instead of the traditional course menu navigation on the left and Upcoming items on the right, you will see the most important content all at once. When you open a material, it is displayed in a full-page view.
Your teacher can add Featured Images for each folder and material type to help you navigate through the course and identify different tasks for you to complete.
Above: Course view in the Elementary experience. Folders and materials are displayed as cards for a more simplified view. Each item has a Featured Image displayed to the left.
Below: Assignment view in the Elementary experience. Materials are displayed in a simplified full-page view.
Use the Back button to return to the course folder or Materials page:
>> Continue to: Course Materials in the Elementary Experience (Students)