- This feature is in limited availability. If you’re a System Administrator and you're interested in this feature for your organization, contact your Schoology representative.
- You may only convert one question bank at a time. The ability to convert multiple question banks will be available soon. Follow the progress on our Product Roadmap here.
To convert an existing test/quiz question bank to an item bank:
- Navigate to the desired question bank in your Personal or Group Resources.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the question bank and select Convert to Item Bank.
- Select the collection and folder (optional) to where you want to add the converted bank and click Convert to complete.
- Once the conversion is complete, the new item bank is available in the resource collection and folder you specified. The conversion process may take some time depending on the size of your item bank. You may initially see the item bank appear in your resources however the items may still be undergoing conversion. Check the status of the item bank conversion in Transfer History.
- The original question bank in Resources is not affected by this operation. A copy of each question, independent of its source question bank, is created in the new item bank. If you update the original question in Resources, this does not update the copy of that question in the converted item bank.
- You cannot add single questions directly from a test/quiz to a converted item bank. You may only convert an entire question bank to an item bank. Additionally, you may only convert one question bank at a time. The ability to convert multiple question banks will be available soon. Follow the progress on our Product Roadmap here.
By default, the converted item bank will be named with the title of the source question bank and time and date of the conversion. You can change the title directly in the item bank from the Actions menu: