Students can create new Schoology accounts on www.schoology.com by following these steps:
- Hover over Sign Up in the upper-right corner.
- Click Student in the drop-down menu.
- Enter their Access Code provided by their teacher.
- Fill out the form with their information.
- Click Register to complete.
Students can join additional courses from their existing account by following these steps:
- Log in to Schoology.
- Select Courses in the header.
- Click My Courses from the drop-down menu.
- From the My Courses page, click Join a Course on the right panel.
- Enter your access code (XXXXX-XXXXX).
- Click Join.
However, sometimes after following the steps above, an "Invalid access code" or "The access code you entered was not recognized." error message is displayed. Access codes for students use a 10-digit code format: xxxxx-xxxxx. Students should ensure the access code is being entered correctly as outlined above and try again.
If you don't have an access code with two sets of characters, ten characters total, the teacher of the course likely gave you an incorrect access code to create a Schoology account. Additionally, your teacher may have incorrectly distributed the access code for a group instead of a course. Reach out to your teacher for the correct code.