How do I stop students from sending messages to each other?
Student-to-student messaging is turned off by default for all student accounts.
If students are messaging each other, they may have registered their accounts as an instructor rather than a student account. In this case, they will need to delete their account and create a new student account.
Additionally, you can adjust your personal messaging settings from your Privacy Settings to prevent others from messaging you.
- Click your name in the upper-right corner of your account.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Privacy Settings.
- Select the desired column associated with Messaging. For example, if you only want your Connections to message you, select Connections.
- Click Save Changes to confirm.
System Administrators can manage the messaging permission setting for the district. Instructors should reach out to their System Administrator for more information.
System Administrators can adjust this setting from User Management.
- Click Tools in the header at the top of Schoology.
- Select User Management from the drop-down menu.
- Click Permissions on the left menu.
- Scroll to Messaging under Users.
- Check the box under the appropriate role to enable/disable the permission.
- Click Save permissions at the bottom of the page to confirm.