Cengage is a content delivery platform specializing in innovative teaching, learning, and research solutions for the academic, professional and library. They offer an array of content in different formats across different platforms. MindTap is the platform that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course — to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual and to build students’ confidence.
Schoology Instructors can use Cengage to select and bulk-import their Cengage resources into their Schoology courses. Grades recorded in the selected Cengage resources, activities, and assessments are passed back and stored in the Schoology gradebook.
To request the necessary configuration information needed to install the app in Schoology, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installation and Configuration for System Admins
As the System Admin for an Enterprise organization, you can install Cengage at the system level and configure it with your school’s licensing information so that the Cengage app is already configured and installed for your instructors in their Schoology courses.
To install and configure the app:
- Go to the App Center.
- Locate the Cengage LMS Integration app.
- Click Install LTI App.
- Select Install for Organization. You can also choose Install for Me to install and configure the app for your own account only.
- From the Organization Apps page, click Configure.
- Fill out the form with your licensing information.
Note: This information must come from Cengage. Contact please contact email@example.com with any questions.Consumer Key: Enter your organization's Cengage consumer key.
Shared Secret: Enter your organization's Cengage shared secret.
- Click Save settings to apply your changes.
- On the Organization Apps page, click Install/Remove.
- Check the box All Courses to install the app to all courses in your organization.
Adding content to your Schoology courses with the Cengage LMS Integration app
Once the System Admin has completed the steps above in Installation and Configuration: System Level, the Cengage LMS Integration app is now automatically populated in the Add Materials drop-down menu for each course. Instructors who are Course Admins can add materials to their courses using the app with the following steps:
- Click Add Materials at the top of your course Materials page.
- Select Cengage LMS Integration from the drop-down menu.
- Select the content source based on your license with Cengage.
- Within the content source, select content and gradebook items.
- Depending on the content, you may be prompted to add gradebook columns in Schoology for individual activity scores or the overall course score:
- When you are finished, save to add the content to your Schoology course via the Cengage app.