Schoology is dedicated to building a standards-based grading solution that will help districts achieve their goals with a centralized model for standards and learning objectives. To achieve a true mastery or competency solution, we are building a scalable foundation that is intended to grow over time.
The initial phase of District Mastery is just that - the first phase of a bigger solution. This article outlines the current functionality and what is intended to be released over time as we build out the full District Mastery solution.
Table of Contents
- Current District Mastery Functionality: System Admins
- Coming soon to District Mastery: System Admins
- Current District Mastery Functionality: Instructors
- Coming soon to Standards-Based Gradebook: Instructors
- Coming soon to Standards-Based Gradebook: Students
- Coming soon to Standards-Based Gradebook: Parents
Current District Mastery Functionality: System Admins
The following are features currently available in District Mastery to System Administrators:
- Enable district mastery library per school building.
Note: This action must be performed by Schoology. Please complete this form to specify which buildings should have district mastery enabled. To learn how to set up district mastery in a test school in your organization, see this article: How to test out District Mastery in a test school within your organization
- Import a file containing your district’s learning objectives and parent objectives.
- Delete the district library and start a new import of learning objective and parent objectives.
- View, edit, delete and create learning objectives and parent objectives in the district library.
- Create a district mastery scale.
- Set the scale, calculation method, and minimum number of observations for all sections using objectives from the district mastery library.
- After the initial library import, you can import additional learning objectives.
Coming soon to District Mastery: System Admins
The following feature will be available to system admins in the future:
- Change the order in which the folders and learning objectives appear within each level of the district library hierarchy.
Current Standards-Based Gradebook Functionality: Instructors
The following are features currently available in District Mastery for instructors:
- Align objectives to graded materials:
- Graded Discussions
- Align objectives to ungraded materials:
- Ungraded Discussions
- Navigate and search the district mastery library to find and align objectives.
- Grade aligned materials with objectives.
- Access and view scores in the Standards-Based Gradebook.
- View roll-up calculations in the Standards-Based Gradebook.
- View student breakouts by achievement in the Standards-Based Gradebook.
Coming soon to Standards-Based Gradebook: Instructors
The following features will be available to instructors in the future:
- Use an auto-generated rubric based on the alignments to score the assignment.
- Align objectives to all materials that allow alignments.
- Set the permission options for the student and parent report at the course level.
- Align materials from Resources and move aligned materials between Resources, Groups and Courses.
- Align learning objectives to gradebook columns.
- Alignment tags in the course materials view.
- Access to legacy mastery data in archived courses
Coming soon to Standards-Based Gradebook: Students
The following feature will be available to students in the future:
- See an individual report with material level scores and progress towards learning objectives and parent objective mastery.
Coming soon to Standards-Based Gradebook: Parents
The following feature will be available to parents in the future:
- See an individual report for their children with material level scores and progress towards learning objective and parent objective mastery.