To re-use course materials for another grading period or for use in a different section:
Save the existing course to Resources
- Navigate to the course.
- Click Materials in the left menu of the course.
- Click Options.
- Select Save Course to Resources. This course file first goes to your Transfer History, and then saves to your Resources once the save is complete.
- Saving to Resources does not retain the course's enrollments, grades, updates, or due dates.
- This is a static copy, so any changes made to the original course after saving to Resources do not update to the version saved in Resources.
Create a new course
After the course has been saved to Resources, create a new course using your chosen method of course creation (manual, import, or SIS sync) and assign the course to the upcoming grading period.
Copy the materials into the course
To add the course file in your Resources to your new course:
- Navigate to the new course.
- Click Add Materials.
- Select Import from Resources.