Introducing the new Schoology experience
Schoology is updating its interface and workflows to make it even easier to use — with better accessibility and a more modern experience.
- Depending on the settings in place at your school, you may see the new experience upon logging into Schoology. Reach out to your child's instructor with any questions.
- The new Schoology experience is not yet supported on our iOS and Android apps. This is currently on our Product Roadmap: New User Experience on the iOS app.
Here's a high-level overview of the changes Parents can expect from the new Schoology experience. You'll find more detail in this article: Home Page (Parents).
Viewing your personal Parent account
New Site Header
All of the items previously accessible from the left-hand menu of the homepage are now accessible from the top navigation of the site. Click Schoology in the top left corner to return to the homepage at any time.
Click Courses to expand a card-based menu of the courses in which you are enrolled:
Click Groups to expand a card-based menu of the groups in which you are enrolled:
Click Resources to go directly to your Resource Center.
Depending on the settings in place at your school, the Grades menu can be used to access the following areas:
- Grade Reports
Right side of the Header
On the right-hand side of the new header, you'll find:
- Search — Search people, courses, and groups.
- Calendar — View your master calendar with personal, course, group, and school events.
- Messages — Send a message, and view your sent and received messages with other Schoology users.
- Notifications — View your most recent notifications.
Note: Notifications and Requests are combined under the bell icon:
Account drop-down menu
Click the down-facing arrow in the top right corner to:
- Toggle between your personal account and the child activity view
- Add additional children to your account (This option only appears if you are associated with a child already.)
- View your user profile.
- View your school's profile.
- Adjust your Account Settings, Privacy, and Notifications.
- View blog subscriptions (This option may vary based on the permissions at your child's school.)
- Log out of Schoology.
Viewing the Child Activity View
Using the toggle in the account drop-down menu, toggle into view your Child Activity View to see your child's Schoology information.
From the home page, you can quickly view specific information about your child’s Schoology activity:
- The Student Activity area in the center of the page displays your child’s recent submission, grade, and attendance information.
- Toggle into Enrollments in the same area to see a list of the courses your child is currently enrolled in, along with his or her grade. If the teacher or administrator has chosen not to display the grade while the course is in progress, you will see a blank value (as in the grade column above). Click on an individual course to see grades received on assignments, tests, and discussions from that course.
- The Recent Grades/Attendance area lists graded assignments, tests/quizzes, discussions, and attendance marks for the student. To view the graded items and attendance marks, click the item you'd like to view.
- The Overdue section displays a list of course materials your child did not turn in by the due date.
- The Upcoming section displays a list of your child’s upcoming assignments and events.
- Courses: You can see a list of your child’s current courses. Click the course name to navigate to the course profile as your child views it.
- Groups: You can see a list of your child’s Schoology Groups. Groups can be used for a variety of activities, from school projects to extracurricular teams and clubs.
- Grades: Depending on the settings in place at your child’s school, this menu provides access to view the following:
- Grade Report: Review your child’s grades for all courses.
- Mastery: If your child’s school aligns materials to standard and learning objectives, you can check your child’s progress in this area.
- Attendance: Review your child’s attendance for all courses.
- Calendar: Click to view a calendar of past and upcoming events and assignments. To find out more information regarding a particular event, place your cursor over the title. A clue tip displays with the event type (assignment, test/quiz, event), the event's course or group, and the student name. Click the event to display profile information in a pop-up window.
New Site Footer
At the bottom of every Schoology page, the new footer includes the following:
- Language Selector — Use this menu to set the language of your Schoology experience.
- Support Center — Access the Support Center to view your Support Contacts and/or support options, as well as links to the Schoology Help Center and Community forums.
- Schoology Blog — Navigate to our blog, the Schoology Exchange.