For detailed information about each area of the Resource Center, see the following:
My Resources, your personal library, is a cloud-based storage space where you can save all your courses and materials. You can use this area to create resources, as well. Anything saved in My Resources can be copied and transferred into any or all of your courses. Once copied into a course, the material can be modified to fit specific classroom needs without altering the original copy.
This article contains information about the following areas of My Resources:
- Home Collection
- Add a Collection
- Organize, Import, or Export Collections
- Learning Objectives
- Share a Personal Collection
- Only the following items are accessible in Resources from the iOS mobile app:-
- Only the following items are accessible in Resources from the Android mobile app:-
All other items are listed as templates in Resources and can be accessed via the mobile browser or web browser.
A collection is like a container that stores courses, folders, files, and resources you may want to use in your account. You can think of a collection as a master folder that helps organize all of your work. For example, you can create a collection for each year, for each grading period, or for each course.
The Home collection is a personal collection of resources created and saved to your Resource Center. This collection exists by default, and it’s only available to you. To share collections of resources with other faculty and connected users, you can create additional collections.
Add a Collection
To add a collection, follow these steps:
- Select Resources from the header in Schoology.
- Click Add Collection (the grey box with a green and white plus sign).
- Title your new collection.
- Click Create to finish.
Organize, Import, or Export Collections
At the top right corner of My Resources is a dropdown menu which includes the options to Reorder, Import, and Export collections.
Reorder: This option enables you to arrange the order of your collections. Click the arrow that appears next to the collection and drag the collection to your desired location. Don’t forget to save!
Import: This option enables you to import files exported from Moodle 2+, Blackboard, Brainhoney, or Common Cartridge. You may also import standard ZIP files as Schoology Collections, or QTI ZIP files from another system. For more detailed information about Import, see: How do I import courses and tests from another system?
Export: Export a collection as a Common Cartridge file (IMSCC). Common Cartridge files can be imported into systems that support the IMS Common Cartridge format.
The dropdown menu that appears when you hover over a collection (excluding Home) enables you to Rename and Delete the collection.
This area of your personal resources enables you to create custom learning objectives and share them with members of your group(s). Depending on the settings in place at your school (Enterprise), you may not see the Learning Objectives area in your personal resources.
To learn more about Learning Objectives in your Personal and Group Resources, read our article here.
This area of your personal resources contains a list of resources you’ve downloaded from Public Resources.
From the gear to the right of a downloaded resource, you can perform the following actions:
- Add to course: If the resource-type is one that can be imported to a course, this option enables you to add the item to any course you administer.
- Copy to: This option enables you to create a copy of the resource into another collection.
- Move to: This option enables you to move the resource into another collection.
- Delete: This option enables you to delete the resource.
This area of your personal resources contains a list of the resources you’ve added to Public Resources. From the gear to the right of the resource, you can perform the following actions:
- Edit public info—This option enables you to adjust the information that appears in Public Resources, and update the public area.
- Remove public version—This option enables you to remove this resource from the public area of the Resource Center.
The setting to receive an email notification when a user rates your Public Resource is enabled by default. To turn off this setting, visit your Account Notifications.
Share a Personal Collection
You may choose to share your collection (excluding Home) with other educators or connected users by clicking Share.
To share a collection, follow these steps:
- Click Resources.
- Click a collection you’d like to share. (You cannot share resources within the Home collection.)
- Click Share.
- Select all users you’d like to share with and click Add People. You may need to select a different building in order to locate other users.)
- Remove people if desired using the X to the right.
- Click Save Changes to complete.
After you’ve added people, you can adjust permissions or remove members at any time. To set permissions or remove members, follow these directions:
- Click Resources.
- Click on the collection you’d like to modify.
- Click Sharing.
- Select Permission to adjust permissions.
- Click the X to remove users from accessing the collection.
- Click Save Changes to complete.
Note: You may also share your resources by making them public.