Instructors can print assessments and managed assessments from their courses. Printing allows instructors to better support students who need accommodations and gives them more flexibility to administer assessments.
Print an Assessment from a Course
Assessments and Managed Assessments can be printed from within a course by opening the assessment.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select Print from the drop-down menu.
- From the Print Format Options modal, select the layout of the assessment and choose whether to print an answer key. These settings must be selected every time an assessment is printed.
- Click Confirm to open a new tab with a preview the printable assessment. From there, instructors can use their browser settings to print, save as a PDF, or take screenshots.
Note: The preview of the printed assessment does not display page breaks. The browser-level print settings preview will reflect the page breaks.
What information is included on the printed assessment?
The following information appears on the printed assessment:
- The name of the course.
- The name of the instructor.
- The name of the assessment.
- The Instructions for the assessment.
- A blank to write the date.
- A blank field to write the student's name and/or ID info.
- A total score box with the total possible points for the assessment and space to enter the student's score for the entire assessment.
- Each question prompt and response options.
- The possible points for each question and a space to enter a question-level score.
Answer Keys for Printed Assessments
Answer Keys can be optionally printed with an assessment. The answer key is based off of the primary Correct Answer Setup for each question. Additional tabs of the Correct Answer Setup for a question can be viewed by logging into Schoology and opening the question setup.