Introducing the new Schoology experience
Schoology is updating its interface and workflows to make it even easier to use — with better accessibility and a more modern experience.
As the first step in this process, we're releasing a new and improved Site Navigation this year. Enterprise System Administrators currently have the ability to opt-in to the new experience on behalf of their Enterprise organization with an option in System Settings. Basic users will have the new experience in mid-July. The full move to the new navigation will be complete by November 19, 2018.
The new experience includes a new top navigation and footer, and removes the left navigation from the homepage, making it:
- Easier to access all of your tools throughout Schoology.
- Simpler for instructors and administrators to get things done with a more streamlined workflow.
- Better for younger learners, with a visual card layout for courses and groups.
Here's a high-level overview of the changes Instructors can expect from the new Schoology experience. We also have an overview written specifically for students, which you may want to share with your students.
New Site Header
All of the items previously accessible from the left-hand menu of the homepage are now accessible from the top navigation of the site. This includes:
Click Courses to expand a card-based menu of the courses in which you are enrolled:
Click Groups to expand a card-based menu of the groups in which you are enrolled:
Instructors may see the Tools option if they have access to the following areas:
- Advisor Dashboard — Search for your advisees to view a summary of grade, attendance, and calendar information.
- Assessment Reports — If your Enterprise organization uses AMP, view the system-level reports for your Managed Assessments.
Right side of the Header
On the right-hand side of the new header, you'll find:
- Search — Search people, courses, and groups.
- Apps and the App Center — View any apps installed at the account-level and navigate to the App Center.
- Calendar — View your master calendar with personal, course, group, and school events.
- Messages — Send a message, and view your sent and received messages with other Schoology users.
- Notifications — View your most recent notifications.
Note: Notifications and Requests are combined under the bell icon:
Account drop-down menu
Click the down-facing arrow in the top right corner to:
- View your user profile.
- View your school's profile.
- Adjust your Account Settings, Privacy, and Notifications.
- Log out of Schoology.
New Site Footer
At the bottom of every Schoology page, the new footer includes the following:
- Language Selector — Use this menu to set the language of your Schoology experience.
- Support Center — Access the Support Center to view your Support Contacts and/or support options, as well as links to the Schoology Help Center and Community forums.
- Schoology Blog — Navigate to our blog, the Schoology Exchange.