Introducing the new Schoology experience
Schoology is updating its interface and workflows to make it even easier to use — with better accessibility and a more modern experience.
As the first step in this process, we're releasing a new and improved Site Navigation this year. System Administrators currently have the ability to opt-in to the new experience on behalf of their Enterprise organization with an option in System Settings. Basic users will have the new experience in mid-July. The full move to the new navigation will be complete by November 19, 2018.
The new experience includes a new top navigation and footer, and removes the left navigation from the homepage, making it:
- Easier to access all of your tools throughout Schoology.
- Simpler for instructors and administrators to get things done with a more streamlined workflow.
- Better for younger learners, with a visual card layout for courses and groups.
Enable the new Schoology experience for your Enterprise organization
- As a System Admin, click System Settings in the left menu of your home page.
- Check the box to Enable the new Schoology experience.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Here's a high-level overview of the changes System Admins can expect from the new Schoology experience:
New Site Header
All of the items previously accessible from the left-hand menu of the homepage are now accessible from the top navigation of the site. This includes:
Click Courses to expand a card-based menu of the courses in which you are enrolled:
Click Groups to expand a card-based menu of the groups in which you are enrolled:
System Administrators see the Tools option, which opens a list of the following areas:
- Advisor Dashboard — Search for your advisees to view a summary of grade, attendance, and calendar information.
- School Analytics — View the School Analytics for your Enterprise organization.
- Assessment Reports — If your Enterprise organization uses AMP, view the system-level reports for your Managed Assessments.
- User Management — View the tools needed to administer the users in your Enterprise organization including Manage Users, Roles, Permissions, and more.
- School Management — View the tools needed to administer your Enterprise organization including System Settings, Import, Export, Grade Settings, and more.
Right side of the Header
On the right-hand side of the new header, you'll find:
- Search — Search people, courses, and groups.
- Apps and the App Center — View any apps installed at the system-level and the App Center.
- Calendar — View your master calendar with personal, course, group, and school events.
- Messages — Send a message, and view your sent and received messages with other Schoology users.
- Notifications — View your most recent notifications.
Note: Notifications and Requests are combined under the bell icon:
Account drop-down menu
Click the down-facing arrow in the top right corner to:
- View your user profile.
- View your school's profile.
- Adjust your Account Settings, Privacy, and Notifications.
- Log out of Schoology.
New Site Footer
At the bottom of every Schoology page, the new footer includes the following:
- Language Selector — Use this menu to set the language of your Schoology experience.
- Support Center — Access the Support Center to view your Support Contacts and/or support options, as well as links to the Schoology Help Center and Community forums.
- Schoology Blog — Navigate to our blog, the Schoology Exchange.