Infinite Campus Teacher App
If your school is using the Infinite Campus app to provision users, courses, and enrollments into Schoology, your System Admin can install the Infinite Campus teacher app to your Schoology courses to sync grades from Schoology to your Infinite Campus Grade Book.
This article outlines how to configure and use the Infinite Campus Teacher App in your Schoology course to sync your grades and graded items over to your Infinite Campus Grade Book.
- How does the System Admin install the app in courses?
- How do teachers configure the app in their Schoology course?
- What information is transferred from Schoology to Infinite Campus?
- How do teachers sync grades?
- Anything else I should know?
The Infinite Campus Teacher App is installed in your Schoology course so that you can sync grades from your Schoology Gradebook to your Infinite Campus Grade Book.
How does the System Admin install the app in courses?
System Admins can install the app with the following steps:
- Click App Center in the left menu of the Homepage.
- Click Organization Apps at the top of the page.
- Click Install/Remove to the right of the Infinite Campus app.
- Select the box to install the app to All Courses. We also recommend that you enable the box to make the app available to Course Admins Only.
- Submit to complete.
Once the form is saved, all courses in your schools mapped to Infinite Campus have the Infinite Campus app in the left menu of the course profile.
The Course admins only configuration enables only enrolled Course Admins (teachers) to launch the app from the course. System Admin cannot configure the app or sync graded items on behalf of the teacher unless they enroll directly in the course.
How do teachers configure the app in their Schoology course?
- First, open the Infinite Campus app on the left-hand side of your course.
- When the app launches for the first time, it will ask for your approval.
- Depending on the settings in place for the Infinite Campus Teacher app, only the Course Admin (enrolled teacher) may be able to launch the app from the course. System Admins cannot configure the app or sync graded items on behalf of the teacher unless they enrolled in the course.
What information is transferred from Schoology to Infinite Campus?
The following information will be sent to Infinite Campus:
- The due date for the graded item.
- The name of the graded item.
- The score a student received on the graded item.
How do teachers sync grades?
Syncing grades from the Infinite Campus app
Teachers can view the status of graded items and grades from the Sync Grades area of the app. The column on the left displays the title of the graded item. The columns in the middle display the timestamp of the last successful sync and the status of the last sync.
The Action column on the right allows you to sync individual items. To sync all new or updated items in the course at once, click Sync Changes in the top right corner.
- Successful – This means that the item was successfully synced to the SIS gradebook.
- Queued – A sync has been initiated and is waiting to process.
- Error – There was a problem with the sync. Hover over this indicator for specific details.
- Not yet synced – A sync has not yet been initiated since the item was created in Schoology.
If a graded item or grade has not yet appeared in the Infinite Campus Grade Book, you can navigate to this area of the app and click on the Sync icon or on Sync Changes to manually resend the information to Infinite Campus.
If there has been an error in the sync, a red message icon will appear. Hovering over the icon displays a message that details the error.
Syncing grades from the Gradebook
You can also sync grades and access logs directly from the course gradebook by selecting the sync and log icons along the top:
Above: The one-click sync button to sync changes to all items to the Infinite Campus Grade Book. Below: The clipboard icon to navigate to the sync logs in the Infinite Campus app from the Schoology Gradebook.
Other things to note
- Currently, only assignment grades are supported as part of the gradebook sync. Grading scales, weights, attendance will not be passed over to Infinite Campus.
- If an item is ungraded in Schoology, meaning it is not associated with a grading category, it will not sync to Infinite Campus.