Infinite Campus Teacher App
If your school is using the Infinite Campus app to provision users, courses, and enrollments into Schoology, your System Admin can install the Infinite Campus teacher app to your Schoology courses to sync grades from Schoology to your Infinite Campus Grade Book.
This article outlines how to configure and use the Infinite Campus Teacher App in your Schoology course to sync your grades and graded items over to your Infinite Campus Grade Book.
- How does the System Admin install the app in courses?
- How do teachers configure the app in their Schoology course?
- What information is transferred from Schoology to Infinite Campus?
- How do teachers sync grades?
- Anything else I should know?
The Infinite Campus Teacher App is installed in your Schoology course so that you can sync grades from your Schoology Gradebook to your Infinite Campus Grade Book.
How does the System Admin install the app in courses?
System Admins can install the app with the following steps:
- Click the Apps icon (four squares) at the top navigation of Schoology.
- Click App Center in the drop-down menu.
- Click Organization Apps at the top of the page.
- Click Install/Remove to the right of the Infinite Campus app.
- Select the box to install the app to All Courses. We also recommend that you enable the box to make the app available to Course Admins Only.
- Submit to complete.
Once the form is saved, all courses in your schools mapped to Infinite Campus have the Infinite Campus app in the left menu of the course profile.
The Course admins only configuration enables only enrolled Course Admins (teachers) to launch the app from the course. System Admin cannot configure the app or sync graded items on behalf of the teacher unless they enroll directly in the course.
How do teachers configure the app in their Schoology course?
- Open the Infinite Campus app on the left-hand side of your course.
Note: Depending on the settings in place for the Infinite Campus Teacher app, only the Course Admin (enrolled teacher) may be able to launch the app from the course. System Admins cannot configure the app or sync graded items on behalf of the teacher unless they enrolled in the course.
- When the app launches for the first time, it will ask for your approval.
The remaining steps are for organizations leveraging OneRoster 1.2:
- Once the app is approved, open the Configuration tab of the app.
- Map your Infinite Campus OneRoster Course Categories to the Schoology Course Categories. When creating graded materials in Schoology, assign a Category to each item. When items sync back to your Infinite Campus gradebook, they will be assigned to categories in Infinite Campus based on the mapping in this area.
Note: Depending on the grading categories in the course, teachers can map more than one Schoology grading category to a single Infinite Campus grading category.
- Click Save Configuration to complete.
If your sections are linked in Schoology, you need to configure the Infinite Campus Teacher app in each of the sections. To do this, open the Infinite Campus Teacher App from the left menu of the course profile. Once you have configured the first section, click Save Configuration, and then click the Section drop-down menu to toggle into a different section to continue configuration.
If you have not yet created any Schoology Course Categories in the Grade Setup area of your Schoology course. You can create a new category from the Infinite Campus app with the following steps:
- Select (Create New Schoology Category) in the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Configuration.
- This will create the category in the Grade Setup area of the Schoology course.
What information is transferred from Schoology to Infinite Campus?
The following information will be sent to Infinite Campus:
- The due date for the graded item.
- The name of the graded item.
- The score a student received on the graded item.
- The grading category for the item, as established by the Course Admin in the Configuration area of the Infinite Campus app (OneRoster 1.2 only).
How do teachers sync grades?
Syncing grades from the Infinite Campus app
Once the configuration settings are saved, teachers can view the status of graded items and grades from the Sync Grades area of the app. The column on the left displays the Title of the graded item. The columns in the middle display the timestamp of the last successful sync and the status of the sync.
The Action column on the right allows you to sync individual items. To sync all new or updated items in the course at once, click Sync Changes in the top right corner.
- Successful – This means that the item was successfully synced to the SIS gradebook.
- Queued – A sync has been initiated and is waiting to process.
- Error – There was a problem with the sync. Hover over this indicator for specific details.
- Not yet synced – A sync has not yet been initiated since the item was created in Schoology.
If a graded item or grade has not yet appeared in the Infinite Campus Grade Book, you can navigate to this area of the app and click the Sync icon or Sync Changes to manually resend the information to Infinite Campus.
If there has been an error in the sync, a red message icon will appear. Hover over the icon to display a message that details the error.
Syncing grades from the Gradebook
You can also sync grades and access logs directly from the course gradebook by selecting the sync and log icons along the top:
Above: The one-click sync button to sync changes to all items to the Infinite Campus Grade Book. Below: The clipboard icon to navigate to the sync logs in the Infinite Campus app from the Schoology Gradebook.
Other things to note
- Currently, assignment grades and grading categories (OneRoster 1.2) are supported as part of the gradebook sync. Grading scales, weights, attendance, and grading tasks will not be passed over to Infinite Campus.
- If an item is ungraded in Schoology, meaning it is not associated with a grading category, it will not sync to Infinite Campus.