Can a parent send a message to another parent or students in Schoology?
Yes, depending on the parent's personal privacy settings. For Enterprise users, system-wide Permissions and Privacy Overrides can also determine who can send and receive messages in Schoology.
The ability to receive messages is controlled at the account-level:
- Click the down-facing arrow in the top right corner of Schoology.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Privacy Settings tab.
- Adjust your Messaging privacy to the desired level.
Note: The available privacy levels may be restricted due to system-level Privacy Overrides for Enterprise users.
- Click Save Changes to apply your settings.
System Admins at Enterprise organizations can configure user messaging permissions to determine which roles can send and receive messages.
To configure these permissions as a System Admin:
- Click Tools at the top of the page.
- Select User Management from the drop-down menu.
- Click Permissions in the left menu.
- Scroll to the Users section of the Permissions page.
- Under Messaging, check the box next to Send private messages to non-faculty for the Parent role to allow parents to send messages to other parents and students. To prevent the Parent role from messaging students and parents, un-check this box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save permissions to apply your changes.