This message displays if you try to copy a folder in your Resources Area that has more than 100 nested levels of sub-folders.
To move a folder with more than 100 levels of sub-folders to a different location, you must either:
- Manually move sub-folders to a higher level in your folder hierarchy until there are fewer than 100 levels.
- Move folders with more than 100 nested levels by exporting the folder and then re-importing at the new location.
Moving Folders Manually
To move sub-folders manually:
- Click the gear icon to the right of the sub-folder you want to move and select Copy to.
- In the Copy to menu that displays, select a new location for the folder at a different level.
- Continue moving sub-folders until there are fewer than 100 levels in the main folder you want to move. To test, click Copy to on the main folder and see if you still receive the above error message.
Moving Folders via Export and Import
To copy and move a folder with more than 100 levels of sub-folders, you will first export the collection, and then re-import it to the new location.
Export the collection:
- Click the down-facing arrow in the upper-right corner of the My Resources area.
- Select Export and then browse to the location of the folder you want to copy and move.
Note: Media Albums and SCORM files are not included in the export.
- Click the link in the message that displays to monitor the export from your Transfer History area.
You can also visit your Transfer History area at any time from the down-facing arrow in the upper-right of any page in Schoology.
- Click the gear to the right of the export once the process is complete and click Download to download the file.
Re-import to the new location:
- Click the arrow in My Resources again and select Import.
- In the Import from list, select Common Cartridge.
- In the Import to list, select:
- Existing collection to move the folder to an existing location in your Resources. Browse to the new location in the Collection menu.
- Select New collection to add it at the top level of your Resources as a new collection.