Student Mastery Reporting enables educators to view student achievement on any standard or learning objective that has been aligned to an AMP Question Type. This area contains multiple views that allow instructors to evaluate how students are learning and pinpoint students who may need additional attention.
This article includes the following information:
- AMP Assessment Reports
- Viewing Student Mastery Reports
- Sorting and Filtering Student Results
- How AMP Mastery Scores Are Calculated
- Exporting Results
AMP Assessment Reports
To open and review reports for Schoology Managed Assessments, click Tools at the top of Schoology and select Assessment Reports in the drop-down menu. This brings you to a tiled list of your assessments, in alphabetical order from left to right and top to bottom. You can also use the Search Assessments field to search for the name of a managed assessment:
Click an assessment’s tile to open its Assessment Summary dashboard.
From the dashboard, you can review high-level item-based and student-based information about the assessment, and select from the different options to drill into those reports.
Viewing Student Mastery Reports
The Learning Objective Attainment section displays the average proficiency score on each learning objective aligned to the managed assessment.
Click View Learning Objectives to open the full table view of the Learning Objective Attainment report.
The report displays mastery results for the selected assessment. Use the Date Range to filter student results by the date students submitted the managed assessment.
- All students who took the selected assessment display alphabetically by last name in the list on the left of the table.
- All aligned standards display along the top of the table, left to right in alphanumeric order.
- The Average row calculates and displays the average mastery score for all students by each of the standards aligned to the managed assessment. These averages update as you apply filters to the results table.
Sorting and Filtering Student Results
Depending on your permissions, you may be able to filter results for the chosen managed assessments at different levels:
- School — Filter results data by school(s) to which you belong to view results for students who took the assessment in the selected school(s).
- Section — Filter results data by sections in which students submitted the assessment.
- Instructors — Filter results by the specific instructors who distributed the assessment to their sections.
- More filters — If you have imported Student Demographic data into AMP, you can filter results by the demographic attributes provided for the students who submitted the assessment.
Click into any field and begin typing to filter the list. For example, click into the Schools list and begin typing the name of the school for which you want to view results. The list updates to display matching results.
After making your selections from any list, click Apply to display the selected mastery report. Click Clear Filters to reset the report to display all results for the assessment.
Within the filtered table, you have a variety of options to sort the results:
- From the Students menu, sort by student first or last name, from A-Z or Z-A.
- Each standard in the report may be sorted by student mastery, in ascending or descending order.
- Ascending: Students with the lowest score on the standard display at the top of the table.
- Descending: Students with the highest score on the standard display at the top of the table.
From this Mastery Results table view, you can also search for another managed assessment. Click into the Assessment field and begin typing the assessment name. The list automatically filters to display matching assessments.
How AMP Mastery Scores Are Calculated
Click the View Scale button in the upper-right to view the Mastery scale.
Each cell in the table displays the number of points the student achieved on the standard on a 4-point scale. In addition, each student's score is color-coded.
Mastery scores are based on:
- The number of questions aligned to the standard in the assessment.
- The number of points each question is worth.
Scores are then converted to the 4-point scale and rounded to one decimal point.
For example, if one standard is aligned to two questions in an assessment, one worth 1 point and one worth 5 points:
- A student who achieves 1 point on the first question and 4 points on the second would receive a mastery score of 3.3:
- .83 x 4=3.3
- A student who achieves 0 points on the first question and 3 points on the second would receive a mastery score of 2.0:
- .5 x 4=2.0
Click Export CSV to export the data from your table. An Export Summary will appear to preview the filters you've applied and to confirm you'd like to run the export. You will receive an email to the address associated with your account with a link to download the report.
Click Confirm to complete the export.
The report includes every student score for each learning objective in the assessment.
Information included in the CSV file:
- Student Information
- Username and unique user ID
- First and last name
- Assessment Information
- Assessment name
- Assessment version
- Submission date
- Learning objectives in the assessment
- School, Course, and Section Information
- School name
- Course name
- Course code
- Section name
- Section code/Section school code
- Section Administrator(s) Information
- Section administrator(s) name
- Section administrator(s) unique ID
- Assessment Score Information
- Rational Score
- Scaled Score