Using the Delete Tab: Designating Parents as Inactive
Once you have designated students as Inactive, you can also mark as Inactive parents without any active students in a two-step process.
Note: Schoology is optimized to process imports and exports (auto or manual) most quickly between the hours of 7pm to 6am Eastern Time (ET) from Monday to Sunday. Imports or exports that are run outside of this window will be slower to complete. Schoology strongly recommends performing or scheduling all imports, exports, and bulk deletions during this time frame, including manual imports as well as scheduled auto-imports, for optimal performance.
Step 1 - Export a List of Parents With No Active Students.
- Click Manage Users in the left menu of your System Admin account.
- Click the Parents/Advisors tab along the top.
- Click Options.
- Select Inactive: Export a List of Parents With No Active Students.
Note: This will generate a .csv file containing all of the parent accounts who no longer have active children at your school.You can find it in your Downloads folder on your computer.
Step 2 - Use the Delete Tab to Import a List of Parents with No Active Students
- Click Import in the left menu of your System Admin account.
- Select the Delete tab along the top.
- Click Attach File and upload the .csv file you just downloaded.
- Select Users (Mark Inactive) in the Delete row.
Map the Schoology User ID to the corresponding column in your .csv file.
Click Next to preview the deletion.
Click Run to complete.
- Optional: Select Send Email Alert to notify these parent users that their account is being deleted.
The users from the spreadsheet are now inactive in Schoology. See this article on how to view inactive users here.