From the Delete tab on the Import page, you can automatically:
- Mark a set of users as Inactive.
- Move a set of courses or sections into your organization's Deleted Courses area.
Deleting Courses and Sections
Removing courses and sections using the Delete tab actually moves them to a Deleted Courses area. They remain in your organization’s account, and you can restore them at any time.
Step 1—Export files
Before importing a CSV file to delete courses or sections, you must first download the file from the Export area. See this article for information on how to export files.
When selecting the fields to include in the export file, you must include:
Type of content to delete
- These are the values that will be used to delete content from Schoology.
- You must export one file for each course and section, and then import each file separately to remove each from your organization.
- Also be sure to include a field that you can use to identify what you want removed—for example, Course Name and Section Name for courses and sections, respectively.
Step 2—Edit the files
- Courses—Delete the courses in the exported spreadsheet that you do not want to archive and you wish to remain active.
Note: Deleting courses also deletes all sections that are in those courses.
- Sections—Delete the sections that you do not wish to archive and you want to remain active.
Step 3—Import Courses and Sections Files
- Click the Attach File button, and then browse to and select the spreadsheet to import.
- Click Continue.
- Match what is displayed under each Schoology Field listed below:
- Course NID
- Section NID
The Preview columns display the values from the first three rows in the respective column from the attached spreadsheet.
- Click Next.
- Confirm the correct set of courses or sections are displayed in the Deleted section and then click Run.
The courses or sections from the spreadsheet now are in the Deleted Courses area.
Viewing and Restoring Deleted Courses
- Click Courses
- Select See All Courses in the bottom-right corner of the drop-down menu.
- Click Deleted Courses to view the list of courses.
- Check the box next to a course to select it.
- Click Restore to move the course back to an active state.
In the above screenshot, for example, clicking Restore will move English 101: Section 1 back to an active state. As long as it is associated with an active grading period, it will be available from the Courses dropdown menu.