Configuring Categories from PowerTeacher in Schoology
Before beginning category setup, make sure your PowerSchool server is on version 9.1.1 and later. The custom category setup between PowerSchool and Schoology is not supported for earlier versions of PowerSchool.
Configuration at the beginning of a new course in PowerSchool
1. Set up your categories in PowerSchool:
- In your PowerSchool account, click + to create your categories.
2. Choose Total Points in the Score Type menu.
Creating Matching Categories in Schoology
- Log in to Schoology.
- In the top menu, click Courses and select the course from the list.
- Click Gradebook and then Grade Setup.
- In the Categories area, select +Add to add a new grading category. Create and configure the categories to match your PowerSchool Gradebook.
- In the Calculated by menu, select Total Pts.
- Select Final Grade Settings.
Best practice: Schoology recommends you choose the same Final Grade Settings scale that you chose in PowerSchool.
- Click the PowerSchool app on the left side of your course and click Configuration.
- Check the Customize grade category mapping box to display the category mapping table.
- In the Schoology Course Categories column on the left, choose the correct Schoology Category that you want to map to the equivalent PowerSchool Category in the right column.
- Click Add next to the drop-down menu and then click Save Changes to add the new mapping.
- If your sections are linked, you must toggle to the next section in the Configuration tab and map PowerSchool categories to the Schoology categories.
- Supported custom categories are only those associated with the Lead Teacher in the PowerSchool section.