Assessment Reports Area
To open and review reports for Schoology Managed Assessments, click Tools at the top of Schoology and select Assessment Reports in the drop-down menu. This brings you to a tiled list of your assessments, in alphabetical order from left to right and top to bottom. Click an assessment’s tile to open its Assessment Summary dashboard.
From the dashboard, you can review high-level item-based and student-based information about the assessment, and select from the different options to drill into those reports.
Student Scores Report
The Student Scores table on the Assessment Summary page displays your students’ assessment information, including:
- Average percentage score
- Number of students represented in the report
- The number of students in each scoring band:
Click the View All Students button to open a student report table.
Student Report Table
The report displays with the following information:
- The list of students who have taken the selected Managed Assessment.
- The Overall Score each student received.
- The building with which each student is affiliated.
- The section in which the student is enrolled.
Click the arrows in each column to sort the order in which the results appear.
Each student’s score is color-coded. The colors in the left column correspond to the following score ranges:
- Gray: 0%
- Red: 1-49%
- Yellow: 50-74%
- Green: 75-100%
Change the type of report, assessment, and date range from the menus at the top of the report.
Use the filters to see results from a specific building, section, or instructor. You can use the + More Filters drop-down menu to narrow your results based on specific demographics and/or a specific score range. Note that the Score Range filter displays students whose Overall Score falls within the selected range.
Use the View filter to see results aggregated by Sections, Instructor, or School.
Select either Sections, Instructor, or School to see the aggregate average score, median score, total count of submissions, standard deviation, highest score, and lowest score by section, instructor, or school.
Click the arrows in each column to sort the results in ascending or descending order:
- Sort by Name to sort your aggregate information in ascending or descending alphabetical order.
- Sort by Average Score to sort the results in the order of highest or lowest average score.
- Sort by Median Score to sort results in order of lowest to highest median score.
- The Count column shows how many students have taken the selected assessment.
- Sort by Standard Deviation to compare how an individual student scored relative to the rest of the cohort taking the assessment, and to understand the dispersion of scores within an assessment.
- The highest column displays the highest score within each of the selected parameters (course section, instructor, or school).
- The lowest column displays the lowest score within the each of the selected parameters (course section, instructor, or school).
Use Filter to further exclude certain results from your dashboard. For example, if you select View: Sections, you could then select Filter: All Instructors to select individual instructors. Click Apply to see the aggregate results for the scores within specific section(s) taught by the selected instructor(s).
You can use the + More Filters drop-down menu to narrow your results based on specific demographics and/or a specific score range. Note that the Score Range filter displays Sections, Instructors, and Schools whose Average Score falls within the selected range.
Additionally, you can toggle between different managed assessments in this view. To search for a specific assessment, click the Assessment field and begin typing the assessment name. The list automatically filters to display matching assessments.
Click Export CSV to export the data from your table. An Export Summary will appear to preview the filters you've applied and to confirm you'd like to run the export. The export will be sent to the email address associated with your account.
Note: The export can be filtered to contain specific Sections, Instructors, and Schools. Score Range or demographic filters from + More Filters will not be applied in the exported CSV. Applied filters will be visible in the Export Summary.