Once an AMP team member has distributed the Managed Assessment to sections, instructors have the ability to edit certain settings on the assessment to determine how the students’ scores contribute to their overall grades in the course.
To edit the AMP settings in your course:
- Click the gear icon to the right of the assessment on your course materials page.
- Select Edit.
- As the course admin, edit the following settings:
- Due Date: Give the item a due date to place it in the course Calendar and Upcoming area. This also enables Overdue notifications if a student fails to submit the assignment by the due date.
- Select a Grading Category from the drop-down menu. If you do not select a grading category, it is automatically placed in the (Ungraded) grading category and does not appear in your gradebook.
- Click Grading Options and select a Grading Period to determine toward which grading period the students’ scores will count.
- Select a factor to apply a relatively higher or lower weight in the grade calculation to each individual material.
- Select a Grading Scale.
- Click the Individually Assign icon to make the assessment accessible to select members of your course. This may be a good option if you plan to give a modified version of an assessment to certain students.
- Publish/Unpublish: Unpublish the assessment to hide it from student view.
Course Admins can also change the Availability of the assessment to specify when students are able to take the assessment.
When an assessment is distributed to your course, it is automatically set to Unpublished and Unavailable by default. When it is time for students to take the test:
- Click the Assessment title to open it.
- Click Manage Assessment to see the instructions and the settings configured by the AMP Team that created it. As the course admin, you do not have the ability to change any of these settings except for Availability.
- To allow students to take the test, click the Availability drop-down menu and select Available Now. Or, select Available from...until… or Available now until… to automate the window of time during which students may take the assessment.
- Click Save.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the assessment title on your materials page.
- Select Publish.
If the assessment contains subjective questions, the Course Admin must grade them for the scores to populate in the course gradebook and the results analytic reports.
To grade students’ submissions:
- Click the title of the assessment on your course Materials page to open it.
- Click Grading and select to grade By Question or By Student.
- Click an individual question or a student's submission to grade.
- Optional: Click Add Feedback next to each item to send text/image/audio/video feedback to students.
There are three states a student's submission may take:
- Scores Pending
- Needs Grading
Once the student has made a submission, the assessment status reads Scores Pending. If there are no subjective questions on the assessment, the score may take approximately two seconds to populate.
If there are subjective questions, the status will update to Needs Grading. The Course Admin must grade any subjective questions. Once subjective questions have been graded, the submission status will change to Completed, and the score will populate under Gradebook Points. If the assessment is a graded item in the course as determined by the Course Admin, then the score will also appear on the student’s submission when it is opened, as well as in the course gradebook.