Once your team has finished building the assessment and you have the status set to Active, you're ready to distribute it to course sections at your school. Once you've distributed the assessment, course administrators in your organization can then incorporate it into their course sections and gradebook.
In order to distribute or remove managed assessments in course sections, users must be:
- Enrolled as an AMP team admin or team member.
- Have the Administer managed assessments permission enabled.
Add the assessment to sections:
- Within your team, first open the Assessment and click the circle icon in the upper-right corner to make sure you have changed the Assessment Status from Draft to Active.
Note: Once the Assessment Status is changed from Draft to Active, you can no longer edit this version of the assessment. In order to add or remove questions, change the instructions, or alter the settings, you must create a new version of the assessment. Additionally, you cannot set the assessment back to Draft once you’ve changed its status.
- Return to the team Resources area and click the gear icon to the right of the assessment title.
- Select Add to sections from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the search form that appears to find the sections in which to distribute the assessment:
- The more fields you fill out, the more specific your results will be. For example, searching "English" in the Course Name field yields all courses at your school with "english" in the title. Searching "English" in the Course Name field and "Jones" in the Instructor Last Name field narrows down your results to show only English courses taught by Ms. Jones.
- The search tool yields a maximum of 200 sections. If more than 200 sections at your organization match your search terms, we suggest adding additional information to the search fields.
- If your sections are linked, the assessment is added to all the sections.
- Note that the number of linked sections counts towards the 200 section limit that displays in the search results.
- Sections that already contain the Managed Assessment are grayed out in the search window.
Removing Assessments from Sections
If you accidentally distribute an assessment to the wrong section, you can remove it from that section:
- In the AMP Team, click the gear icon to the right of the assessment name.
- Select Remove from sections.
- Select the section(s) from which to remove the assessment. Selecting the section title automatically removes it from the Associated Sections window, so you are left with the list of sections that currently contain the assessment.
- Click Confirm to delete the assessment from the sections you selected.