Once your team has finished building the assessment and you have the status set to Active, you're ready to distribute it to course sections at your school. Once you've distributed the assessment, course administrators in your organization can then incorporate it into their course sections and gradebook.
In order to distribute or remove managed assessments in course sections, users must:
1. Have the Administer managed assessments permission enabled.
2. Have the Access managed assessments permission AND be a member of the Assessment Team.
Read our article to learn more about AMP User Permissions.
Add the assessment to sections:
- Within your team, first open the Assessment and click the circle icon in the upper-right corner to make sure you have changed the Assessment Status from Draft to Active.
Note: Once the Assessment Status is changed from Draft to Active, you can no longer edit this version of the assessment. In order to add or remove questions, change the instructions, or alter the settings, you must create a new version of the assessment. Additionally, you cannot set the assessment back to Draft once you’ve changed its status.
- Return to the team Resources area and click the gear icon to the right of the assessment title.
- Select Add to sections from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the search form that appears to find the sections in which to distribute the assessment:
- The more fields you fill out, the more specific your results will be. For example, searching "English" in the Course Name field yields all courses at your school with "English" in the title. Searching "English" in the Course Name field and "Jones" in the Instructor Last Name field narrows down your results to show only English courses taught by Ms. Jones.
- The search results display up to 200 sections. If more than 200 sections match your search criteria, we suggest narrowing your search to display all relevant sections.
- If your sections are linked, the assessment is added to all the sections.
- Note that the number of linked sections counts towards the 200 section limit that displays in the search results.
- Sections that already contain the managed assessment are grayed out in the search window.
- To add the managed assessment to all sections in the search results, click Select All.
Removing Assessments from Sections
If you accidentally distribute an assessment to the wrong section, you can remove it from that section:
- In the AMP Team, click the gear icon to the right of the assessment name.
- Select Remove from sections.
- Within the Associated Sections list, select the section(s) from which you want to remove the assessment. Clicking the section title automatically removes it from the window, so you are left with the list of sections that currently contain the assessment.
- Click Confirm to delete the assessment from the sections you removed.