Create Course Media Albums
Create albums to organize photos, videos, and/or audio files for your course. Photos can be cropped and rotated after you add them. You may allow commenting on each item within an album. You can also tag users in your uploaded photos, or allow students to upload and tag media as well.
Creating Media Albums
To create a Media Album, follow these steps:
- Select the Add Materials dropdown menu.
- Click Add Media Album.
- Fill out the Media Album form with a title and description
- Advanced Row:
Used the Advanced options to:
- Publish the album so that it is visible to the Members of your Course
- Enable comments so members of your course are able to post comments on the media album
- Allow Instructors and Students to Add Media, or limit this ability to Instructors only
- Copy the media album to another course you administer
- Advanced Row:
- Click Create to complete.
After the media album is created, you can add different kinds of media to it at any point in time, just like a folder. Click Attach Files to add media from your computer’s hard drive.
Note: Uploads are limited to 512 MB/file.
Supported file types
*.jpg, *.gif, *.png, *.jpeg
|*.flv,*.mp4,*.mov, *.m4v, *.3gp, *.3g2, *m2v, *.avi, *.mpg, *.asf, *.wmv, *.wm, *.swf, *.rm|
Editing Media Albums
You can add media at a later date by clicking into the media album and selecting the Add Media button.
To edit a media album or its contents, select the Gear Icon in the top right corner of the media album profile.
Add captions to all of your photos at once by clicking on the Gear Icon in the top right corner and selecting Edit Media.
Or, click on individual photos in the album to open the photo and edit photos one at a time. Use the tools to the right of each photo to add captions, rotate the photo, and tag people:
Drag and Drop
To change the order your photos appear in your album, click and hold a photo and then drag it to the desired location: