Updated June 2016 with support for Rich Text Pages
How Do I Individually Assign Course Materials?
You can Individually Assign assignments, tests/quizzes, discussions, or rich text pages to individual students or to grading groups. When you individually assign an item, it only appears to that course member or grading group.
When an item is not individually assigned, the item appears to all members of the course section.
This feature may be a good solution if:
- You want to give an extra credit assignment to certain students.
- A student needs to make up an assignment before or after the rest of the class.
- You want to create a modified version of a material for certain students.
- You want to create a page to provide personalized instructions to one or more students.
To individually assign materials, follow these steps:
- If you have already created the item, click the gear icon to the right of the item and select Edit.
If you have not created it yet, click Add Materials and select your desired material type.
- From the Edit screen, click the Individually Assign icon in the Advanced.
- Enter the names of the course members or grading groups to whom you would like to assign the item.
- Click Save.
When you assign something to specific students, the entire item is only available to those students. This means you will only see the grades in your Gradebook for the students to whom you assigned the item.
Note: If some students have already completed the assessment and you individually assign it to other students, the scores and submissions for the students not included in the individual assign tag will temporarily "disappear."
To see the other students' scores, you can simply remove the individually assigned tags. When this is done, the submissions repopulate for all of the students who have completed the item.