How Do I Individually Assign Course Materials?
You can Individually Assign assignments, tests/quizzes, assessments, discussions, or rich text pages to individual students or to grading groups. When you individually assign an item, it only appears to that course member or grading group.
When an item is not individually assigned, the item appears to all members of the course section.
This feature may be a good solution if:
- You want to give an extra credit assignment to certain students.
- A student needs to make up an assignment before or after the rest of the class.
- You want to create a modified version of a material for certain students.
- You want to create a page to provide personalized instructions to one or more students.
To individually assign materials, follow these steps:
- From the Edit screen of the item you would like to Individually Assign, find Options and click the Individually Assign icon.
- Enter the names of the course members or grading groups to whom you would like to assign the item.
- Click Save Changes.
When you assign something to specific students, the entire item is only visible to those students from the Course Materials page. In the Gradebook, you can only enter grades for the students to whom you assigned the item.
- If some students have already completed an item and you individually assign it to other students, the scores and submissions for the students not included in the individual assign tag will temporarily "disappear." To see the other students' scores, you can simply remove the individually assigned tags. When this is done, the submissions repopulate for all of the students who have completed the item.
- If you sync grades from Schoology to an SIS, individually assigned items sync over to the SIS gradebook and are visible to all students in the course. Students who were not assigned this item will view the assignment title but no grade will be passed to the SIS gradebook.