Add Files or Links
To add a File or Link:
- Click the Add Materials drop-down menu and select Add File/Link/External Tool.
- To add a file:
- Click File.
- Click Attach Files and browse to the file(s) to add.
To select multiple files, hold down the Shift or Ctrl key as you choose files.
Note: The upload limit is 512 MB per file.
- To add a link:
- Click Link.
- Enter a URL or embed code.
- Enter a title for your link.
To automatically use the title from the webpage to which you're linking, click .
- Additionally, from the Advanced row you can:
- Click to align the file or link to learning objectives.
- Click to display the file or link to your students.
- Click to copy the file or link to a different course. Edit the new version of the file without altering the original.
When you add a link, click the Open in Schoology icon (default setting)to open the linked webpage in an iframe within the course.
To view the link in a new window, click on the same icon to change the setting, or click on the Open icon in the upper right hand corner of the link page:
Note: Files and links can also be created within course folders, or added to folders after their creation.
After you add a link to a course, click the gear icon next to it and select Edit to change its URL or title, or any of the Advanced features described in step 4 above.