Schoology Instructors can now organize grading periods into sub-periods: for example, a school year into two semesters, or a semester into two quarters.
Add sub-periods to periods from the Grade Settings area in System Settings, and then organize your periods from Grade Setup. For more information, see this Help Center article.
Instructors using External Tools can now assign due dates from those materials as they would for other items in Schoology.
Android v3.3: Mobile Annotations
Instructors who download the latest version of the Schoology Android app now have access to a suite of annotation tools, including:
- Sticky Notes
- Draw and write
Additionally, Schoology Android users can now access their notifications panel directly from the left navigation menu.
Version 3.8 of the Schoology iOS app is now available for download from iTunes.
- Simplified Grading for Discussions: iOS users can now access rubrics and point-based scales inline.
- Support for iPhone 6 and 6+.
- Support for LTI External Tool Calendar Items.
- Additional style updates, better stability, and bugfixes.
- Fixed issue in which some teachers were unable to add Custom Learning Objectives to their materials.
- Fixed issue where some users were seeing unformatted code in their Assignment descriptions.
- Fixed issue where badges awarded to students weren't displaying in their profiles.
- Fixed issue in which some Administrators incorrectly received a "Too Many Requests" error when using the search filter on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue where some Administrators incorrectly received an error when adding members to courses.
- Fixed issue in which some Administrators were unable to map file columns from the Import area when using CSV files.
- Fixed issue where some Administrators received a Schoology Unavailable error when viewing Course or School Analytics.
- Fixed issue in which Calendar Events disappeared for some users who did not have active courses.
- Fixed issue in which some instructors using were unable to save grades from their iPads running iOS 8.4.
- Fixed issue in which some users were unable to access the BigBlueButton conferencing application.