This article covers how to prepare your eSchoolPLUS integration in Schoology to rollover your Users, Courses, and Enrollments data and ensure that it syncs correctly for the next school year.
When the current school year ends:
- Review who is currently listed as the Acting User in the eSchoolPLUS system-level app. This is the person who is able to make changes to the app configuration. Make sure the Acting User is a current member of your organization (not deactivated) and that person has the role of System Admin in Schoology. As a best practice, designate only one person to handle the SIS App configuration.
- Once the year ends, set your data syncing option to Manual if it isn’t already. This stops the data sync until you are ready.
Once you have completed the rollover of your data in eSchoolPLUS, prepare your eSchoolPLUS Integration and roll over your terms in Schoology for the new school year:
- Click Tools in the header and select School Management Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Grade Settings from the left menu to create new school-wide grading periods in Schoology.
- Open your Schoology eSchoolPLUS management app.
- Click the Terms tab.
- Click Refresh Data in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the grading period(s) for the upcoming school year in the Schoology Grading Periods menu to correspond with the equivalent eSchoolPLUS terms.
- Click Save Changes.