UPDATE: First-time users of the Turnitin tool within Schoology should reference the Using Turnitin as an LTI Tool article with an overview and instructions on how to use Turnitin as an LTI tool in Schoology.
For any questions regarding using the Turnitin LTI Tool, please contact your Turnitin representative.
Turnitin is a plagiarism-prevention tool you can use to check student work for unoriginal content. To install the Schoology Turnitin app for all users at your school, first go to turnitin.com to complete the Configuration Instructions below. You may then return to your Schoology System Admin account to install the Schoology Turnitin App for users at your school.
- Login to your account at turnitin.com using a separate tab. You'll need to get back to this page when you've received your Shared Key.
- Click the Accounts tab if you're not already on it.
- On the left side is your Account ID. Write it down because you’ll need it later.
- Look to the right and click the Unconfigured button. This will take you to the Integration Dashboard.
- Click the Schoology button located at the bottom-right of the list.
- Fill out the form. Afterwards you will be able to generate a Shared Key specific to integration with Schoology. Write this one down, too.
- Log in to your Schoology System Admin account and proceed with the instructions below.
- Click App Center in the left menu of your home screen.
- Find the Turnitin app and click it to go to the app profile.
- Click Install App.
- Select Add to School.
- Click App Center in the left menu again.
- Click School Apps at the top of the page.
- Next to the Turn It In app, click Configure.
- Enter your school's Shared Key and Account ID obtained in the Pre-Configuration Instructions above.
- Click Save Settings.
Once you have configured the app, you can install it for your entire school:
- Go back to School Apps.
- Click Install/Remove next to Turnitin in your School Apps list.
- Check All Courses.
- Check Course Admins Only if you only want the course admin to be able to access the app. Leave this unchecked if you want student to use the Originality Checker in the app.