It only takes a moment to prepare your TIES student and course data in Schoology and ensure that it syncs correctly for the next school year.
First, click System Settings on the left side of your System Admin account and then click Grade Settings to create new school-wide grading periods in Schoology.
Then, you are ready to prepare your TIES Integration and roll over your terms for the new school year:
- On the Configuration tab of your TIES management page, go to the TIES Active Year section.
- Select the upcoming school year, click Save Active Year, and then click Set Active Year in the pop-up window.
- Click the Terms tab and open the school that you want to sync.
- Select the Schoology Grading Period equivalent to each of your TIES terms. Or, if you have not yet created Grading Periods in your System Settings area of your System Admin account, click Create new grading period in the Schoology Grading Periods drop-down menu and click Save Changes.
- Before syncing data for your upcoming school year in Schoology, be sure to first roll over the school year in TIES.
- Changing the TIES Active Year in the Schoology TIES App will stop syncing changes to users, courses, sections, and enrollments from the previous school year, and will only bring in information for the new active school year.
- If Schoology Grading Periods are not updated in the pulldown menu as expected when you click in the Terms tab in the Schoology TIES app, click the Refresh Data button in the upper-right corner of the page.