LEAP Webinars for Schoology System Administrators: April 16th, 2015 Archive
Presented by Bradley Kemp, Jill Lenihan, and Katie Eck
Panelists: Robert Schuetz and Kellie Ady
- Review new Privacy Overides and Permissions settings related to Portfolios (similar to Blog settings).
- Introduce instructors to portfolios during Professional Development as a way to drive student-centered learning and project-based learning.
- Rolled out to all clients May 2015
What to expect:
- A new tab on individual’s profile page
- Creation of multiple portfolios
- Creation of pages, file uploads and links or embedded media
- A private sharable link (Not currently available to Beta testers)
- Ability to add assignment submissions to a porfolio (Not currently available to Beta testers)
New Grading Period Options
What to expect:
- New hierarchical grading periods in the Grade Setup area
- Enabled for all Enterprise organization this summer.
- Speak with your Schoology Client Success representative if you would like this feature enabled earlier than June.
- Your grading period configuration and marking period weights in Schoology can now more closely mirror your external gradebook setup. For instance, you may have midterms and finals weighted against semesters and have semesters averaged to Overall scores.
FAQs for finishing the year
Q: Is my course going to be deleted?
A: Your course will not be deleted; however it will be moved to the Archived Courses area of Schoology once the grading period ends.
Q: Can I reuse my course materials next year?
About LEAP Webinars
Join Schoology Enterprise Administrators from around the world on the 3rd Thursday of every month to get an inside look at our newest features. This series is designed to give Schoology Administrators an exclusive preview of new features to help guide use and best practices.
We encourage you to share this page with your staff if you feel this information is relevant to your organization's mission and framework.
Invitations to register for the live webinar are sent to System Administrators one week before the session - please check your spam filter if you are not receiving invitations. Remember: you must have the "System Administrator" role in Schoology Enterprise and a valid email address associated with this account to receive these emails. If you are a staff member, the recordings will be available here the week following the presentation.
For a full list of upcoming sessions view All About LEAP Webinars.