Use assignments to enter tasks for students, which they can review, download, and submit, directly from within the Schoology mobile app on your Android device, or in tandem with other resources and applications.
You can add an assignment from one of two places: the Recent Activity area, or one of your courses.
Creating an Assignment from the Android Mobile App
To create an assignment:
- Tap and then tap Recent Activity or Courses.
If creating from a course, tap one in the list to add the assignment in that course.
- Tap + and then tap Add Assignment.
Enter the following information:
- Title: Name the Assignment.
- Description: Add a description for the assignment.
- Due Date: Set a due date to add the assignment to your Calendar.
Tap Show More to add more assignment details:
- Grading Period: Select a grading period for the assignment; e.g., 2014-2015 Sem. 2
- Category: Select a category for the assignment; e.g., Homeworkor Tests and Quizzes.
- Scale/Rubric: Select a grading scale--e.g., A+/- orNumeric. You can also select a rubric that you've created in the web-based version.
- Max Pts: Set the number of points the assignment is worth.
- Set as midterm/final
- Enable Submissions
Note: Grading Periods, Categories, and Rubrics must be created in the web-based version of Schoology before they can be added from the mobile app.
Finally, add an attachment to the assignment to provide additional information to your students. Tap the icon to add the respective Attachment types:
- Tap photo to access your device’s camera
- Tap video to access your device’s camera and microphone
- Tap File to attach a file saved to your device
- Tap Resources to attach an item stored in your Schoology Resources.
Click the arrow icon in the upper-right corner to save the assignment and assign it to all students in the course.