LEAP Webinars for Schoology System Administrators: May 21st, 2015 Archive
Presented by Bradley Kemp and Kelsey Collins
- Intro to LEAP and discussing Schoology NEXT conference
- Schoology Support: Chat
- Portfolio Updates
- Ending the School Year: Best Practices
- Course Section Linking
Schoology Support: Chat
- New chat feature can be found by your district's Support Contacts in the Help Center link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Drag-and-drop file uploader makes adding content to portfolios even easier.
- By popular request: Ability to add assignment submissions directly to portfolios.
- Publish your portfolio publicly or share a private link for college applications, job applications and more.
Ending the School Year: Best Practices
- Communicate End of Year practices with instructors.
- Save your course to Resources to template copies of all your materials that are stripped of student interaction and grades.
- Export final grades from Schoology.
- Enable access to Archived Courses for your instructors.
- Use the 'Copy Settings' option in last year's, archived course to bring grading categories, scales and rubrics into courses for the new year.
- Mark graduated students' accounts as Inactive.
- Reach out to your Account Manager if you are anticipating any changes as you transition to the new school year.
- Read our End of Year Guide for System Admins
- Read and share our End of year Guide for Instructors
- Coming soon! The feature is expected to be live for the new school year.
- Different sections of the same course will be able to be linked.
- Instructors will be able to manage materials for all sections of a course in one place.
- Students will continue to view only their section.
- Instructors will be able to differentiate due dates and material visibility for each section.