The Insert Content tool is available in the Description field toolbar when you create or edit materials in Courses, Groups, or Resources.
Use this tool to incorporate a variety of content inline with your text to:
- Give it more visual interest.
- Provide external resources.
- Clarify terms.
- Include complex language symbols and mathematical equations not found on a standard keyboard.
You can also include content from your Schoology Resource Apps.
To insert content from your Schoology Resource Apps:
- Install the apps in your account. All installed Resource Apps display in the Insert Content drop-down menu.
- Open the menu and select the app to view or search for content in the resource.
- Select YouTube and search for a video.
- Select the checkboxes for all the videos you want to add.
- Open the Import menu and select Import as Embed.
- Select the embedded content to adjust its size or delete it.
- Click Create for new content or Save Changes for content you’ve edited.
Note: Embedded videos do not display inline until you save or update your content.
Upload image and media files from your computer or local network. While there is no limit to the number of files you can attach to materials in Schoology, you must upload each file individually. The maximum file size is 100MB/file. While Schoology supports most common image and media file types, make sure your students’ computers or mobile devices have the necessary plugins installed for some content to display properly.
Supported file types
*.jpg, *.gif, *.png, *.jpeg
*.flv, *.mp4, *.mp3, *.mov, *.m4v, *.m4a,
You can also use a link or embed code to include image or media files from the web.
After the file has loaded, select it to resize or delete it.
To include an inline link to an outside resource you want students to review:
- Select the text or media,
- From the Insert Content menu select link.
- Enter a URL to create a hyperlink.
Insert a variety of special characters using the Symbol menu:
- From the Insert Content menu select Symbol to open the table.
- Select a special character.
Use this option to add Operators, Equations, Relationships, Greek letters, Arrows, and other miscellaneous symbols for math, chemistry, physics, and even music materials.
- From the Insert Content menu select Equation.
- Click one of the tabs along the top of the window to open a table of characters.
- Select a special character.
Select the LaTeX option and paste or create your LaTex input. Click Insert to view the text as your students will see it.
Add tooltips to provide additional information when a user points to selected content.
To add a tooltip to a Page, Assignment, or Test/Quiz question:
- Highlight text or media.
- From the Insert Content menu select Tooltip.
- Enter the text to display in your tooltip and then click the checkmark.
The tooltip displays when a user hovers over the text or image.
- You can also Insert Content when writing Multiple Choice Test/Quiz questions.
Click the pencil icon to the right of any Choice field in a multiple choice question to open the rich text editor for that answer choice.
- If your inserted content does not display properly, make sure that your Internet browser is not blocking mixed content.