LEAP Webinars for Schoology System Administrators: March 18th, 2015 Archive
Presented by Bradley Kemp and Julianne Treadwell.
- Resource App Improvements: Text Editing, Youtube, and Vimeo
- Rubric Enhancements: Saving, Sharing, and Scales
- Overdue Notifications: Students and Parents
- Mobile: iOS and Android Student and Instructor Improvements
- Web Conferencing with Big Blue Button (Enterprise Only)
Resource App Improvements: Text Editing, Youtube and Vimeo
- Install new apps from Resources
- Save lots of time embedding videos, Google Docs, and more directly into Pages, Discussions, Assignments, and Quiz Questions using the Insert Content button.
Rubric Enhancements: Saving, Sharing, and Scales
- For individual instructors, no special practices - rubrics move fluidly between courses by themselves or attached to materials.
- To organize or share, use rubrics like materials. Share them in Resource Collections or Group Resources.
- For added flexibility, while maintaining consistency, create district point-scales that can be applied to Rubric Criteria. This is also helpful for Mastery Reporting.
Overdue Notifications for Students and Parents
- Let instructors know to expect it. Review submission and grade settings.
- In Assignments, disable “submissions” or “lock” submissions after the due date. To accept digital or paper assignments, have students make a submissions that simply states they've handed the work in on paper. Any submission will turn off the notifications.
- In Discussions, either do not enable grading or “lock” after the due date.
- In Test/Quizzes, make them “unavailable” after the due date.
Mobile: iOS and Android Roadmap
- Use folder colors - they now display on all devices.
- Many grading improvements are coming to Android. Soon the difference between iOS and Android will be very minimal.
Web Conferencing with Big Blue Button - Enterprise Only
- Educate instructors on privacy and organization or district policies regarding video conferences.
- 50 attendees is a safe ceiling, but can accommodate more depending on how many features are being used.
- Not ideal for “Flipped” Classroom yet - Recordings are only saved for 7 days.
- In courses, Great virtual-synchronous classes or to help absentees, host study groups, host digital office hours.
- In groups, great for digital PTA meetings, remote staff meetings, or small group project-based homework.
About LEAP Webinars
Join Schoology Enterprise Administrators from around the world on the 3rd Thursday of every month to get an inside look at our newest features. This series is designed to give Schoology Administrators an exclusive preview of new features to help guide use and best-practices.
We encourage you to share this page with your staff when relevant to your mission.
Invitations to register for the live webinar are sent to System Administrators one week before the session - please check your spam filter if you are not receiving invitations. Remember: you must have the "System Administrator" role in Schoology Enterprise and a valid email address associated with this account to receive these emails. If you are a staff member, the recordings will be available here the week following the presentation.
For a full list of upcoming sessions view All About LEAP Webinars.