The Microsoft OneDrive app is one of the Resource Apps available in Schoology. Use Resource Apps to integrate third-party content directly into the Resource Center. This means that you can consolidate all of your personal, shared, public, and external instructional resources in one place.
With this integration you can:
- Access all of your OneDrive content from your Schoology Resources.
- Import your OneDrive content to courses and groups.
- Attach your OneDrive content to Updates, Discussions, Assignments – all areas where attachments are available.
- Accept submissions from students who are connected to OneDrive.
Install the App to Your Resources
- In the top menu, click Resources and select Apps.
- Click Install Apps in the My Resource Apps list.
- Select the option to install Microsoft OneDrive.
You can also install the OneDrive app to your Resources from the App Center:
- Click on the App Center on the left menu of your Home page.
- Find the Microsoft OneDrive app.
- Click on the app and click on the button to Install Resource App.
- To add the app to your Resources, select the option to Install for Me.
- Enable the option to Add to My Resources.
- Click Install and follow the steps listed above.
Connect to your OneDrive for Business Account
- Once the app is installed, click Authorize to approve OneDrive's access to your Schoology account.
- Enter your username/email address and password, and click Connect.
All of your OneDrive content will automatically populate the Resource App.
Add OneDrive Content from Resources
- Make sure you're logged in to your OneDrive for Business account.
- Import content:
- To import a single file, click the gear icon next to that file and then click Import as File.
- To import one or more files at once, click the check box next to each file you want to add, click Import, and then select Import as File.
- Add to one or more courses – Click the check boxes next to each course in the Add to Course list, or click Select All to highlight all the courses in the list.
- Add to your resources in the Copy to Resources section:
- In the Collection menu, choose a resource collection – choose Home for Personal Resources, or a Group Resource collection.
- In the Folder menu, select the folder to which you want to add the OneDrive file.
For example, in the following screenshots, the selected files will be added to the Schoology Student Course folder that is in the Schoology Educators Group Resource.
Collection Menu Folder Menu
Note: You can only import files as copies of the original OneDrive content, not as linked files that automatically sync from OneDrive to Schoology.
Add OneDrive Resources from Directly Within a Course
- Point your cursor where you want to add the resource and click the dotted green line that displays.
- Click Import from Resources to open your Resources collection.
- Click Apps and select Microsoft OneDrive.
- Select the resources from your OneDrive list to add to the course.
- Click Import and select Import as File.
Note: The Import menu displays after you choose a file to import.