The Google Drive Resource app is one of the Resource Apps available in Schoology. Use Resource Apps to integrate third-party content directly into the Resource Center and consolidate all of your personal, shared, public, and external instructional resources in one place.
When you import content into Schoology from your Google Drive account, you can choose from one of three formats, with different display and permissions implications:
- Import Embed: Create a copy in Schoology of the Google Drive resource. View the copy of the document directly in Schoology and leave the original Google Drive document unchanged.
- The file will display as embedded inside of the Schoology iframe. All users who have access to the Schoology page in which the doc is embedded are able to see the contents of the doc. Schoology does not change the share permissions on the file.
- Import as Link: Import a linked version of the document to Schoology. Edits made in Schoology also change the original version in Google Drive.
- Adds an import link of the Google file in the body of the Rich Text Editor tool in Schoology and changes the share permissions on the file so that "anyone with the link can view" the file in Schoology.
Note: A linked resource may be viewed, edited, and saved by any user who is able to access the document.
- Import Private Link: A linked document that only you are able to access.
- Adds an import link of the Google file in the body of the Rich Text Editor tool in Schoology. However, this option does not change the share permissions on the original file, and respects the share permissions the user put in place in Google. For example, if a Schoology user who attempts to open this link does not have the correct permissions in Google, they will not be able to open this link.