- Filtering Submissions
- Grading Panel Annotation Tools
- Switching Students
- Grading Assignments from the Grading Panel
Grade student-submitted assignments directly within the Schoology iOS app using annotation tools in the mobile grading panel.
To access the grading panel, open an assignment and tap Submissions. In this example, the assignment is opened from the course's Upcoming feed.
The Schoology iOS grading panel provides multiple filters with which to refine results:
- Search by student first or last name.
- Sort the student list alphabetically, from A-Z or Z-A.
- Filter the student list by status:
- Ungraded: Students have submitted an assignment, but it hasn't been graded.
- On Time: Assignment was submitted by the due date.
- Late: Assignment was submitted after the due date.
- Not Submitted: Students have not submitted an assignment.
Once you find and open the submission you want to grade, tap the annotations icon to access the grading panel and annotation tools.
The iOS grading panel provides several tools with which to annotate student submissions.
After adding annotations, you can delete them by tapping the annotation and then tapping the trash icon .
Tap the highlight icon , choose a color, and then touch and drag on the screen to highlight the selected text.
Tap the strikeout icon and touch and drag on the screen to cross out the selected text.
Tap the note icon , tap the screen where you want to add the note, and then use the keyboard to write the message.
Write on Submission
Tap the pencil icon , choose a text color, and then write on the screen with your finger or a stylus.
- To delete any annotations, tap it and then tap the trashcan icon .
- Tap the check mark icon to save your annotations.
Undo, Redo, and Hide Annotations
- To undo your most recent annotation, tap the undo icon .
- To redo the annotation you undid, tap the redo icon .
- You can undo and redo annotations until you save the updates. After that, you must delete the annotations to remove them.
- To hide all annotations, tap the hide icon .
- To show annotations after you've hidden them, tap the same icon (crossed out when annotations are hidden).
Export a submission to open the document in a third-party application on your mobile device.
Once you have finished annotating the submission, tap the Open In icon in the upper right corner.
Tapping this icon presents a window with two options. Choose Share Original Document to export the original .doc file. Choose Share Converted PDF to open a PDF version of the submission with your annotations intact.
Tap the student's icon above the submission to display the student list. Tap a different student's name to switch to that student's submissions. Search and filter the same way as in the main grading panel.
Tap the green revision box next to the student icon to switch to a different version of the assignment submitted by the same student.
Tap the grading icon to add a grade to the assignments from the grading panel.
Grading with a Grading Scale
If the assignment is graded on a scale, write in the number of the grade or drag the slider to change the number. You may also leave a comment on the assignment, and choose whether to display the comment to the student.
Grading with a Rubric
If you're grading the assignment with a rubric, tap the number for each criteria or write it in the Pts column. You can tap the i icon in the criteria column to view its full description. Comments may also be added and displayed to your student.