Use assignments to enter tasks for students, which they can review, download, and submit, directly from within the Schoology mobile app on your iPad or iPhone, or in tandem with other resources and applications.
You can add an assignment from one of two places: the Recent Activity area, or one of your courses.
To create an assignment:
- Tap and then tap Recent Activity or Courses.
If creating from a course, tap one in the list to add the assignment in that course.
- Tap + and then tap Add Assignment.
- Add assignment details in the Create Assignment pane.
|From a Course||From Recent Activity|
- Title: Name the Assignment.
- Due Date: Set a due date to add the assignment to your Calendar.
- Grading Period*: Select a grading period for the assignment; e.g., Fall Trimester.
- Category*: Select a category for the assignment; e.g., Homework or Tests and Quizzes.
- Scale/Rubric*: Select a grading scale--e.g., A+/- or Numeric. You can also select a rubric that you've created in the web-based version.
- Max Pts: Set the number of points the assignment is worth.
- Description: Add a description for the assignment.
- If you create the assignment from the Recent Activity area, tap Post to and then tap one of your courses to add the assignment in that course.
*Grading Periods, Categories, and Rubrics must be created in the web-based version of Schoology before they can be added from the mobile app.
- Additional options are available in the bottom-left:
|Student submissions enabled or disabled|
|Visible to students|
|Comments enabled or disabled|
- Finally, add an attachment to the assignment to provide additional information to your students. Tap Attach, and then tap:
a. Choose from Library to open your photo library.
b. Take Photo or Video to open your device's camera.
c. Attach Resource to attach from your Schoology resources.
d. Record Audio to access your device's microphone and record a sound clip.
Note: Do not post items that won't display on a mobile device–Flash videos, for example.
- Click ✓ in the upper-right corner to save the assignment and assign it to all students in the course.