- What information is transferred from eSchoolPLUS to Schoology?
- What information is transferred from Schoology to eSchoolPLUS?
- How often is information updated between the systems?
- What is required to implement the eSchoolPLUS App in Schoology?
- What are the limitations to the eSchoolPLUS integration?
1) What information is transferred from eSchoolPLUS to Schoology?
Schoology will pull the following information from eSchoolPLUS:
- School building information
- Users (staff and student accounts)*
- Grading periods/terms
- Courses, Sections, and Enrollments
- Settings of Course Category ID and name, weight/factor, and Drop Lowest Setting
*Primary Teacher is the only teacher role transferred from eSchoolPLUS to Schoology. The co-teacher role in eSchoolPLUS is not transferred.
2) What information is transferred from Schoology to eSchoolPLUS?
Schoology will push in real-time the following information to eSchoolPLUS:
- Grade items (Assignments & Assessments)
- Grade updates (Changes to grades)
- Graded items created and updated in eSchoolPLUS will not be transferred to Schoology so as to establish a master data source for all information. Schoology is the master for changes to grade data, while eSchoolPLUS will remain the master for school, user, course, and enrollment data. To provide a consistent data model for your school, grade changes should be managed from Schoology.
- Information pushed from Schoology to eSchoolPLUS is always real-time (Live) and cannot be scheduled. Graded items and grades can be manually synced to eSchoolPLUS from the eSchoolPLUS Teacher App.
3) How often is information updated between the systems?
As a district, you may determine the frequency of updates between the two systems:
- Manual: The system admin must manually sync the eSchoolPLUS app in Schoology).
- Scheduled: The sync can occur on an hourly or daily schedule.
Note: The Hourly sync feature is in limited availability. If you're a System Administrator and you're interested in this feature for your district, please contact your Schoology representative.
- Live Sync Schoology Grades with eSchoolPLUS sends graded items and grades from Schoology to eSchoolPLUS.
- This feature is in limited availability. If you're a System Administrator and you're interested in the Live Sync feature for your district, please contact your Schoology representative.
- When Live Sync Schoology Grades with eSchoolPLUS is enabled, a deleted assignment in Schoology will also be deleted in eSchoolPLUS. Disable Live Sync and use Manual if this result is undesirable.
4) What is required to implement the eSchoolPLUS App in Schoology?
- The district must be operating version 3.0 or higher of eSchoolPLUS (Required)
- The district must have SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate with eSchoolPLUS (Required)
- The district should have Active Directory synced with eSchoolPLUS (optional, but highly recommended)
5) What are the limitations to the eSchoolPLUS integration?
- The eSchoolPLUS integration does not currently support the transfer of parent information to Schoology. Schoology will work closely with the district to understand how best to create parent accounts and maintain associations with students.
- The eSchoolPLUS integration does not currently support the integration of attendance data via their API. This means that attendance taken in Schoology will not be transferred to eSchoolPLUS. Schoology will work closely with the district to explain how to best handle this issue.
- The eSchoolPLUS gradebook setting for “Calculated by” (Use Total Points Setting) currently needs to be edited in eSchoolPLUS. Changes are then pulled through the API into the Teacher configuration app, where saving the configuration settings will automatically update this setting for Schoology Categories.
- The maximum points allowed on an assignment in the eSchoolPLUS gradebook is 999. Administering an assignment in Schoology worth 1000 possible points or entering a value of 1000 points achieved results in an error when trying to sync the assignment back to eSchoolPLUS.