- What information is transferred from eSchoolPLUS to Schoology?
- What information is transferred from Schoology to eSchoolPLUS?
- How often is information updated between the systems?
- What is required to implement the eSchoolPLUS App in Schoology?
- What are the limitations to the eSchoolPLUS integration?
1) What information is transferred from eSchoolPLUS to Schoology?
Schoology pulls the following information from eSchoolPLUS:
- School building information
- Users (staff, student, and parent accounts)*
- Grading periods/terms
- Courses, Sections, and Enrollments
- Settings of Course Category ID and name, weight/factor, and Drop Lowest Setting
*Primary Teacher is the only teacher role transferred from eSchoolPLUS to Schoology. The co-teacher role in eSchoolPLUS is not transferred.
2) What information is transferred from Schoology to eSchoolPLUS?
Schoology pushes the following information to eSchoolPLUS:
- Grade items (Assignments & Assessments)
- Grade updates (changes to grades)
- Graded items created and updated in eSchoolPLUS will not be transferred to Schoology so as to establish a master data source for all information. Schoology is the master for changes to grade data, while eSchoolPLUS will remain the master for school, user, course, and enrollment data. To provide a consistent data model for your school, grade changes should be managed from Schoology.
3) How often is information updated between the systems?
As a district, you may determine the frequency of updates between the two systems:
- Manual: The system admin must manually sync the eSchoolPLUS app in Schoology.
- Scheduled: The sync can occur on a daily schedule.
4) What is required to implement the eSchoolPLUS App in Schoology?
- The district must be operating version 3.0 or higher of eSchoolPLUS (Required)
- The district must have SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate with eSchoolPLUS (Required)
- The district should have Active Directory synced with eSchoolPLUS (optional, but highly recommended)
5) What are the limitations to the eSchoolPLUS integration?
- The eSchoolPLUS integration does not currently support the transfer of parent-child associations to Schoology. Schoology will work closely with the district to understand how best to create parent accounts and maintain associations with students.
- The eSchoolPLUS integration does not currently support the integration of attendance data via their API. This means that attendance taken in Schoology will not be transferred to eSchoolPLUS. Schoology will work closely with the district to explain how to best handle this issue.
- The eSchoolPLUS gradebook setting for “Calculated by” (Use Total Points Setting) currently needs to be edited in eSchoolPLUS. Changes are then pulled through the API into the Teacher configuration app, where saving the configuration settings will automatically update this setting for Schoology Categories.
- The maximum points allowed on an assignment in the eSchoolPLUS gradebook is 999. Administering an assignment in Schoology worth 1000 possible points or entering a value of 1000 points achieved results in an error when trying to sync the assignment back to eSchoolPLUS.