It only takes a moment to prepare your PowerSchool student and course data in Schoology and ensure that it syncs correctly for the next school year.
To prepare your PowerSchool Integration and roll over your terms for the new school year:
- On the Configuration tab of your PowerSchool management page, go to the PowerSchool Active Year section.
- Select the upcoming school year, click Save Active Year, and then click Set Active Year in the pop-up window.
- Click the Terms tab and open the school that you want to sync.
- Select Create new grading period in the Schoology Grading Periods drop-down menu and click Save Changes.
If you have already created grading periods in Schoology prior to completing this process, be sure you select the grading period for the upcoming school year in the Schoology Grading Periods menu.
- Before syncing data for your upcoming school year in Schoology, be sure to first roll over the school year in PowerSchool.
- Setting the active year will stop syncing changes to users, courses, sections, and enrollments from the previous school year, and will only bring in information for the active school year. This will not remove data synced from previous school years - graduated or inactive students and archived courses will remain in Schoology. Click here for instructions on how to mark students as inactive.
- If terms are not updated as expected when you click in the Terms tab, click the Refresh Data button in the upper-right corner of the page.